Mumtaz Zahra Baloch, the spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan has once again emphasized that Islamabad is concerned about the security threats that originate from Afghanistan.
The spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Pakistan has expressed these words in a press conference today September 14.
Addressing the Taliban, she said: “It is important for the interim Afghan government to ensure that their territory is not used to threaten Pakistan”.
However, the Taliban have repeatedly called the words of Pakistani officials about using Afghan soil against this country as groundless and said: “Islamabad is incapable of providing its own security and blames its problems on Afghans”.
“Pakistan has been implementing it in good faith. We have facilitated our landlocked neighbor in its access to the world in terms of trade and we will continue to do so”, she added
Relations between Pakistan and the Taliban have been tense recently.
After the Taliban took control of Afghanistan, terrorist attacks in Pakistan have increased in an unprecedented manner.
Taliban fighters conflicted with Pakistani border guards about 10 days ago, and the Torkham crossing has been closed since then.
Despite all this, the head of information and culture of the Taliban in Nangarhar has announced that the Torkham crossing in the east of the country will be opened for traffic tomorrow morning September 15.